Saturday, November 27, 2010

The problem with hats

The thing is, I love hats - especially pretty ones that remind you of Edwardian garden parties and summer weddings. I just hate wearing them.

In New Zealand I can get away with this most of the time. In winter I can usually make do with loose hoods and wide scarves, and in summer I opt for shade and high SPF sunblock. It is rare for me to feel any need for the shade of hat brim. But here in Brisbane it is a bit of a different story.
The thing I dislike is the feeling of something going around my head, the very thought of it gives me a headache. And of course my youngest child seems to have inherited this
aversion as well. I have tried lots of different hats but they really do annoy me. But I'm also finding that going without head covering when I'm out in the middle of the day is also quite uncomfortable.

I think I may have already provided myself with an option when I consider my winter alternatives. I might invest in some more light silk scarves.

No comments: