Saturday, October 18, 2008

This weekend has been quite buzzy...

I have achieved a whole lot of things that have been in my face (or hidden behind a cupboard door but I KNEW it was there) for awhile.

I'm not sure if it is of first importance but maybe it was prophetic that RJ (my amazing stylist!) reckoned I was far more relaxed than usual when he was giving me one of his magic scalp massages on Friday. But it has turned out to be the kind of weekend you have when there aren't a trillion work pressures sitting on your shoulder.

I got out and did some gardening - and had time to admire my pretty flowers (another post in that) as well as clearing masses of overgrown shrubbery. I rewarded myself with a trip to the garden centre and found the LAST kakabeak which I have wanted for sometime to go in one of the big holes I have just made in the shrubbery.

I had an assessment at the gym - now there would be some, including me to be honest, who could wonder why I would invest in yet another gym membership given how slack I am at actually using it. But I wonder if this time might be different because for once my motivation is quite specific on something that is actually meaningful to me. Basically my long term goal is to be able to do a day's ski-ing without feeling like every muscle I have is going to go on strike.

We had another family around for dinner last night (admittedly that was Jon's idea) but it was laid back and relaxing and easy...like time with friends should be when we make the time.

I was catching up with my December 98 friends and was inspired by Lise to spend an intense twenty minutes cleaning out a laundry cupboard - one tiny step closer to an organised life! (thanks Lise)

And of course last but not least I spent quite a bit of time creating my own blog header (the butterflies come from a cool kit called Poppy Fields designed by Lauren Bavin at Digital Scrapbook Place

So that's my start and tomorrow it's back to work.

No comments: